Get Answers and Key Information
The following may provide useful details about traveling with Trekking Mexico.
Why should I travel with Trekking Mexico?
We are a true grassroots, fully-independent tour group. We’re not afraid to go off the beaten path while not missing the “must-see” spots as well. Many of our methods are green-oriented, like our flex fuel vehicles and solar-panel power for all our portable devices.
What to Bring
You need to bring:
- Spending money
- Sleeping bag (only applies to budget trips)
- Towels and bathing supplies (biodegradable if possible)
We also recommend:
- Camping mat or inflatable sleeping pad
- Small backpack
- Comfortable shoes for hiking
- Flip-flops for the beach
- Books, camera, laptop, etc.
- International cell phone (Prepaid Mexico SIM card is an easy and economical option.)
What to Expect
An extraordinary experience that you’ll never forget! This is a trip for a true outdoor adventure experience, we may even rough it a little, at times— but that’s all part of the adventure!
We provide the following:
- Access to basic lodging (up to $25 based on double occupancy on budget trips)
- Transportation in our expedition type vehicle 15 passenger extended van
- Bilingual tour leaders
- City & Location Orientation Tours
- All camping gear (applies only to budget trips)
- Camping fees or costs of rustic accommodations on budget trips (up to $25 usd/nite based on double occupancy)
- Bottled drinking water
- Available internet access
- Access to USB AC/DC charging systems to power a wide variety of devices
- And much much more..
Is it all camping?
No, every several days we will be staying in some form of rustic accommodations. Applies to budget trips only.
What if I have very little camping experience?
Relax. On the budget trips, your tour leaders set up and break down the camp and make camp meals, plus we have many different-sized tents available for our travelers. We try to make our tours as comfortable as possible according to the needs of individual groups.
Traveling on my own—does that make a difference?
Many people travel on their own. It’s a great way to meet others like yourself—international adventure travelers!
When is the best time to book?
Tours fill up fast, so make your travel plans as soon as you can.
How do I book my own tour?
Trekking Mexico has convenient Online Booking
, Custom Tour Quotes
, or contact us
by phone or E-mail
How do I secure my reservation?
You can hold your trip reservations by placing an online order with full payment, or if the trip requires a partial deposit, the balance must be paid 30 days prior to departure.
How does Trekking Mexico confirm and send out my reservations?
We email you within 48 hours of completing the booking process and call you within 3 days. After full payment is made, we will mail you a tour voucher 8 weeks before we depart.
You’ll need a passport and round-trip airline tickets. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
What’s NOT Included
Please accommodate yourself as is appropriate:
- Airfare, taxis, buses, public transportation fares and tips
- Accommodations on budget trips that cost above $25 per night per person (based on double occupancy)
- Meals, entrance fees, museum, site and/or activity fees
- Alcohol, or beverages other than filtered water
Be open-minded. Have patience. Be a good guest in a neighboring land. Show appreciation, respect, and a true interest in the people and cultures you encounter.
Responsible tourism starts with understanding and appreciation
Commitment to Responsible Tourism
Responsible Tourism means everybody takes responsibility for their role in ensuring sustainability.
This means that you also have a role and impact as a person, or as a group.
By following a simple Responsible Traveller’s code and making informed choices while you’re traveling, you can make a positive difference.
Enhance your own experience:
- Observe, respect and appreciate local customs and traditions.
- Know that your mere presence has an impact on the spaces visited.
- Natural and cultural heritage is the real value of the destination.
- Dress Respectfully – your group leader should brief pax about clothing & culture, where appropriate.
- Celebrate and protect the unique character of the locale by supporting the people.
- Remember: Local character can be enhanced by spending your time and money in ways that help to sustain it.
- Celebrate and protect the unique character of the locale by supporting the people and patronizing the businesses that contribute to the preservation efforts.
- Buy locally made good and use locally provided services patronizing the businesses that contribute to preserving the natural culture and environment.
- Ask for suggestions about supporting local community environmental projects rather than giving money to beggars.
- If you want to give something to schoolchildren, for instance, please buy locally and give something practical like stationary, not money or sweets.
- Care for the environment. Be mindful not to litter, reuse plastic packaging, and water bottles where possible, use bio degradable soap.
- Learn a few basic words and phrases – this will go a long way toward developing communication and understanding with local people.
- Let local people know what you find unique and interesting about the locale.
- Gather for yourself memories and stories to take home really knowing that you have contributed to preserving and sustaining those destinations.
- Seek advice from your tour leaders about where and when appropriate to take photos and videos.
This type of traveling is known as geotourism, defined as “tourism that sustains or enhances the geographical character of a place” (its environment, culture, aesthetics, heritage, and well-being of the inhabitants).
Flexible & Affordable Payment Methods
You can mail money from your bank
via cashier’s check and we will treat it as cash
All tour payments calculated in USD
Foreign currencies are converted to USD at current market value.
While Trekking Mexico
you will want to use the local currency plan accordingly